Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Julia Child

Julia Joanne Child. It's no secret that the kitchen and I are a long-time nemeses. If it doesn't have to do with baking, I really don't want to do it. Something always, inevitably, seems to go wrong. But after a little confidence booster from my friends, in the form of Chef Matt Finarelli, I'm now venturing to make a meal once a week instead of once a month.

Yesterday was one such day. It was my cousin's "23rd Birthday" and so I went to work on making her a birthday dinner, one would possible write home about!!

First we had an antipasto Keith-Style



Then we had a spinach, parmesan, and garlic oil salad--- i took this photo after we'd all eaten...




Next was a curry chicken salad pasta, served warm... I like it warm the first time, the days after I will serve it cold, as pasta salad should be served.



Finally... A little birthday cake, for the birthday girl!!!



Not bad, if I say so myself, but both Flo & B also agreed--it was good!


No comments:

Post a Comment